The North Shore Health Network provides rural healthcare for communities along the north shore of Lake Huron – including services in Blind River, Thessalon and Richards Landing. The North Shore Health Network sites have been serving their communities faithfully for many years providing emergency, acute, complex continuing care, long term care and community support services.
The Lab Point of Care Coordinator is a lead position within the Clinical Laboratory that is responsible for the coordination of point of care testing. The Lab Point of Care Coordinator assures quality testing and accurate test performance through operator training, competency assessment, equipment monitoring, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting, quality control review, and proficiency testing. Incumbents operate under general supervision.
• Provides technical oversight for Point of Care testing performed throughout NSHN to meet/exceed accreditation standards;
• Ensures that the test systems are properly functioning. Maintains, troubleshoots and takes corrective action with equipment as needed;
• Works with nursing, physicians, employees and management as needed to ensure Point of Care testing is running efficiently and effectively;
• Write and maintain current procedure manual(s) in area(s) of expertise using an approved format. Assist with development, maintenance and control of laboratory policies and procedures;
• Organize time to collect, assay and report patient samples/results in a timely manner;
• Recognize, troubleshoot, maintain and communicate equipment/reagent related malfunctions and initiate remedial action;
• Perform all samples analyses according to established protocols;
• Verify all procedures through the processing and assessments of quality control material;
• Properly process all referral specimens for dispatch;
• Input and release referral Laboratory results;
• Participate in on-call and weekend schedule;
• Participate in QA activities.
• Graduate of a recognized Medical Laboratory Technology program;
• Current CMLTO registration;
• Two years’ experience in a clinical laboratory with emphasis on skills related to work area;
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills;
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills;
• Knowledge of quality control, quality assurance principles and proficiency testing procedures;
• Current liability insurance;
• Successful criminal background check with vulnerable sector secured;
• Bilingual in English and French considered an asset.
Interested applicants may submit résumés via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
525 Causley Street
Blind River, ON
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
North Shore Health Network welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.