Job Title: Vet Tech required for colony of dogs and cats in a non-clinic environment
Location: Fergus (located on 5 km’s outside of town)
Compensation: will be based on education and experience.
This is a unique opportunity for Animal Care, Veterinary Technician, Pre-veterinary, and other students to gain valuable hands-on animal experience at one of the top pet nutrition research facilities in North America. Candidates with a passion for animals and an interest in cats and dogs will gain experience learning the protocols and regimens practiced at a top-tier research facility.
• daily cleaning and maintenance of animal housing
• health monitoring
• data collection & processing of samples
• social enrichment (training, playing, etc.)
Successful candidates will possess the following:
• Experience with cats and dogs or a keen interest in gaining experience
• Comfortable in a busy, noisy environment
• Ability to work well as a team and to follow instructions unsupervised
• Good attention to detail
• Must be physically fit and comfortable working in an environment that requires long periods of being on your feet, lifting, and cleaning
• Must be willing to work some weekends and have access to reliable transportation
Experience in a clinical setting with animals is an asset and preference will be given to those individuals who have completed their BSc. In addition to the Animal Care & Research Assistant position, interested parties may also have the opportunity to cross-train in our Treatment Room with a focus on Animal Health. Fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to gain hands-on experience for veterinary school applications, considering post graduate work or enjoys biological research.
When applying let us know in the subject line of the email if you are applying for part-time work on weekends during the academic year, or a permanent position.
How to apply: Email cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send to email@example.com