Are you a registered Speech Language Pathologist interested in supporting children and youth with a variety of physical, developmental and communicative challenges? We are looking to fill either a full-time or part-time 18 months contract SLP position to supports children & youth in-Centre, in-home and/or in-school, within Elliot Lake and the Algoma District (travel may be required).
THRIVE Child Development Centre/Centre de développement de l’enfant is an incorporated, non-profit Children’s Treatment Centre providing inter-disciplinary pediatric rehabilitation and community based services, respite care, resource support to community childcare centres throughout the District of Algoma, and management of an on-site childcare program. Visit www.kidsthrive.ca for more information. We are located in Northeastern Ontario with our home office in beautiful Sault Ste Marie. Eligibility for a moving allowance will be considered.
We believe in the power of teamwork and partnership, and achieving excellence through innovation, curiosity and optimism. In addition to our fun and collaborative working environment, we also offer: a competitive salary, access to Employee Family Assistance Program, a flexible schedule, generous paid time off options (including winter break office closure), professional development and growth opportunities, and participation in a defined benefit pension plan (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan HOOPP).
What we need from you:
• Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology
• Eligible for membership in the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
• Experience in pediatric rehabilitation an asset
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, balanced with a passion for supporting and working within a team and are committed to a collaborative, attuned, strengths-based approach to problem solving and capacity building.
• Ability to problem-solve, develop strategies and course of action to follow.
• Sensitive to linguistic, cultural, social, economic, individual and positional differences among staff, providers and children/families served.
• Demonstrated experience working family centred-approach, ensuring clients and families have a voice and are engaged as true partners in care;
• Ability to organize, and prioritize in a fast-paced service-oriented environment
• Strong communication skills including verbal, written, presentation and listening skills
• Experience with Augmentative and Alternative Communication assessment and intervention an asset
• The ability to communicate in both official languages in an asset.
• A valid Class G driver’s license and personal transportation are required.
• Willing to work flexible hours and to travel across the District of Algoma.
• Current CPR/First Aid Certification is required.
• Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required.
CASLPO Mentorship/Supervision is available.
If you are interested in joining an amazing team of professionals to creating a future of possibilities for children, submit your resume and cover letter. Visit our career page (https://kidsthrive.bamboohr.com/jobs/) to submit your application.
Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, we are committed to creating positive and welcoming space within our organization, for our clients, families, volunteers, staff, and community partners.
All applications are appreciated; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. THRIVE Child Development Centre is an equal opportunity employer, and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. THRIVE’s requirement that employees be fully vaccinated is subject to any accommodation obligations it may have under the Human Rights Code.
115 Hergott Ave.