332 Black Bay Rd
Barb is a Member of the Thunder Bay Real Estate, Past Director of the Thunder Bay Real Estate Board for 6 years. Barb earned her Real Estate License in 1988-89.
While Barb was a Director she accomplished the following:
1) Renovated the Board Office to a new functional building (this took 1 1/2 years in the making)
2) Tackled the job as Membership Chairperson; cleaning up of holding of licences, jurisdictional areas, etc.
3) Re-organized the Board’s constitution by-laws.
4) Barb hosted the Thunder Bay Region 9 Conference June 1994. Barb organized the conference for two hundred fellow Realtors including Realtors from Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins and Sudbury, Speakers, 3 days of full entertainment, educational speakers and much, much more.
5) Hosted/Co-chair Thunder Bay Real Estate Board regional conference 2003
6) Has served on the Thunder Bay Real Estate Board discipline, MLS Committee.
Barb is Past President of the “Parents of Twins’ in Thunder Bay. During her term Barb managed successfully to get local retailers to offer a 25% discount to families purchasing the “double items”.
Barb has sat on the Economic Planning Council for Oliver/Paipoonge.
Barb has been married to a wonderful man, Ian since 1976. They have 4 children.
Kimberley – Married to Jeff Chan. Graduated from O.A.C. on the Honour Roll and has attended Queen’s University majoring in Business. She has received her masters in business and is now working at McGraw Hill New York
Kevin – Has received several musical awards and has received his Grade 6 Royal Conservatory. Held lead role in the musical production of “Oklahoma’ and received an “Outstanding Student Award’ for the Production. Going to University for Medical Biologist in Australia.
Kelly and Kerri – Both girls had played on Thunder Bay’s All Star Double A Rep. Hockey Team. They have gone to two Provincial Championships. Their soccer team won the City Championship in Soccer for 1997. Kelly has won two local speaking contests in Thunder Bay. Kerri has won several baseball, hockey, basketball and soccer awards. They both have received their Grade 6 Royal Conservatory.
Kelly graduated with RN degree and is working in Estevan Sask. Married to Jody Vatamaniuk
Kerri presently living in Edmonton: Medical Field
Barb is proud Grandma to Everett. Barb is also NANA to Owen,Victoria and Kara. She cherishes the time spent with them plus several nieces and nephews.
BARB ENJOYS SELLING RURAL RURAL RURAL REAL ESTATE AND RESIDENTIAL SALES.