Sioux Lookout Hydro Inc. is an incorporated company owned by the Shareholder, the Municipality of Sioux Lookout. This small local distribution company serves the Municipality of Sioux Lookout located in beautiful Northwestern Ontario by safely delivering electricity to approximately 2,790 households and businesses in a service area of 536 square kilometers. The company operates and maintains a 25 kV distribution system.
Sioux Lookout Hydro is seeking an energetic and enthused individual to lead the Operations staff. This position provides the technical support and expertise to analyze complex problems and assist the corporation to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations.
Reporting to the President/CEO, you will be responsible for the effective management of the construction, operation, and maintenance of the electrical distribution facilities of the Utility. You will provide direct supervision to the Lines department and assume overall responsibility for the Health and Safety of Sioux Lookout Hydro as it relates to policy development, training and enforcement.
• Consults and confers with the President/CEO on the day-to-day business of the utility
• Plans, budgets, organizes, and directs the affairs of the Operations Division
• Responsible for the development and monitoring of capital and operational budgets with the assistance of finance as required.
• Manage staff to ensure the Collective Agreement is administered in a fair and reasonable manner.
• Assures employees are adequately qualified and equipped to complete their duties in a competent and efficient manner through performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
• Coordinate and work in cooperation with the JHSC to ensure safe work practices are implemented and complied with, and to promote H&S throughout the Corporation.
• Ensure staff adhere to established safety rules, work practices, construction standards, and corporate policies; Conducts and documents regular crew visits.
• Verifies field installations are built to construction standards as required by the construction verification program.
• Executes expenditures for plans, projects, and programs according to OM&A and Capital budgets.
• Ensures fleet equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable condition as per manufacturers’ recommendations and prescribed regulations.
Qualifications and Skills (partial list)
• College or University Diploma in Engineering or a related field, plus five to seven years’ experience at the management level in the electric utility industry.
• A combination of academic credentials and background experience which demonstrates understanding/familiarity with the electric industry or which exemplifies a viable/desirable transfer of skills and abilities from other industry sectors.
• Journeyman Certification with a minimum 10 years of related experience in an urban and rural distribution environment including both overhead and underground systems is desirable.
• For a complete listing of qualifications and skills required for this position, please visit:
Our website at www.siouxlookouthydro.com or;
Facebook at www.facebook.com/siouxlookouthydro/
In addition to a competitive salary, Sioux Lookout Hydro Inc. also offers a comprehensive benefit package. Candidates interested in the above position are invited to submit in confidence a cover letter and a detailed resume by 4:00 pm on Tuesday February 28, 2017 to:
Sioux Lookout Hydro Inc.
Attention: Deanne Kulchyski, President/CEO
25 Fifth Ave., PO Box 908
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B3
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.