Sioux Lookout, Ont. – The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is pleased to announce the launch of a new text messaging service!
The service is being rolled out, first, through the Recreation & Culture Department, with an aim to facilitating an easier way to communicate with users in our community through the Mobile Text Alert System.
By subscribing to the service, users will receive text messages from the Recreation & Culture Department on a variety of programming and updates.
Here’s how to subscribe:
• To receive general information on upcoming events, membership sales, new programming etc., text the key word “recinfo” to 662-200-4303
• To receive information on specific recreation services text the following key works to 662200-4303
- for information regarding Cedar Bay Summer Camp: cedarbay;
- for information regarding minor sports programming: minorsports;
- for information regarding memberships, fitness and related programming: recfitness;
- for information regarding the area, open ice and skating times, etc.: slktarena
You can also subscribe online at https://mobile-text-alerts.com/RECINFO
Please note that standard text message rates may apply, as charged by your mobile service provider.
“I believe this service will augment the current ways the Municipality reaches out to residents – including, print, web and social media – by providing one more option about how and the types of information residents are seeking,” explained Recreation and Culture Manager, Rick Ladouceur.
“Upon analysis of this trial run with the Recreation & Culture Department, and based on the level of interest and participation, the Municipality will consider expanding the service to other Departments and functional areas,” noted Ben Hancharuk, Acting Chief Administrative Officer.