Accountant/Analyst Temporary Position – Thunder Bay Woodlands Operations
We are seeking a talented individual to join our Thunder Bay Woodlands team on a temporary assignment for up to 18 months.
Located on the shores of Lake Superior, Thunder Bay is a four-season outdoor paradise and is the region’s commercial, administrative, medical and transportation hub, providing the amenities of an urban center while opening the gateway to outdoor adventure in North-western Ontario.
As the Accountant/Analyst, you will be a key member of the Accounting team with responsibilities focusing on providing financial analysis for the Woodlands Senior Management group regarding wood costs with specific emphasis on variance analysis, month end accruals, month end and corporate reporting, budgeting, forecasting and ad-hoc analysis.
Your primary Responsibilities will include the following:
Inputting and extracting required information from available business systems and sharing appropriate cost with key personnel.
Preparing accounting entries, reconciliations, corporate schedules and presentations on a monthly basis.
Participation in the annual budget/forecast process, business plans (as required), monthly forecasts, providing guidance and assistance to Woodlands departments, preparation and analysis of working papers and schedules.
Handling budget/quarterly forecast and monthly inquiries and requests from corporate.
Ensure accuracy and integrity of accounting records.
Participate in/preparation of special assignments and analysis as initiated by the Site Accounting Manager, Woodlands General Manager and other Operating Department Managers.
Support and ensure adherence to corporate and local policies and procedures.
Preparing various government reports.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree majoring in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of work experience within an industrialized manufacturing setting.
- A CA, CMA or CGA accounting designation would be preferred.
Your skills and assets:
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including an ability to work collaboratively within a fast paced and structured environment.
- Good communication skills with excellent strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods;
- Proficient analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong background in MS Office, advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint, SAP and CODA would be an asset.
- Keen desire to be a part of a dedicated, hardworking team.
Be part of the change
Resolute Forest Products is a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help grow your skills. With a diverse range of paper, pulp and wood products sold in close to 90 countries, Resolute owns or operates over 40 pulp and paper mills and wood products facilities in the United States, Canada and South Korea. We’re a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We’ve made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and be an environmental supplier of choice. Come help us write our story; be part of the change. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer. Only selected candidates will be contacted
To apply for this position go to: http://www.resolutefp.com/Careers/