About the Opportunity
We are looking for a new team member to join our fast paced ever evolving businesses. Our diverse group of companies are growing at an unprecedented rate and we are interested in hiring an accounting technician to join our team. We are seeking someone with accounting skills and preferably experience in QuickBooks. The ideal candidate will be expected to do various bookkeeping functions for 5 different companies in tandem with the lead bookkeeper and grow alongside the expansion of the current businesses. We will offer opportunities for advancement for the right candidate. Candidates must be adaptable to the multiple demands of the position and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Our Thunder Bay office is currently seeking an Accounting Technician to work across all companies in the group. If you excel in a challenging, dynamic environment, this is an excellent opportunity to showcase your talents.
• Accurate data entry of financial information and full cycle bookkeeping
• Processing cheque runs for Accounts payable and payroll.
• Maintaining financial records
• Recording day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process
• Responsible for processing accounts payable & accounts receivable and assisting in processing payroll in a timely manner
• Reconciling accounts including charge cards and bank
• Maintaining general ledgers
• Reviewing monthly financial statements and building better reporting
• Documentation and Storage of accounting information
• Prepare, monitor and pay government remittances
• Maintain digital and physical records of all bookkeeping materials
• Assist with year-end financial reporting
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Must have at least 1-2 years of experience in bookkeeping
• Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
• Preferred experience with QuickBooks
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs (Outlook, Excel and Word)
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks
• Previous experience working in a public accounting firm is considered a strong asset
• Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
How to apply
Applicants are invited to apply via email to noted email address. We are an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time