Thunder Bay International Baseball Association
Positions Available: 1
May 15, 2017
May 23, 2017
Projected Start Date:
May 29, 2017
Salary / Rate of Pay:
Days of Work
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri
Hours of Work
• must be registered as a full-time student during preceding academic year, and intend to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year. Proof of enrollment required.
• enrollment in Business Administration, Marketing, or Sales an asset
• excellent communication skills
• must be between 15 -30 years of age
• must be a Canadian citizen, and permanent resident of Canada, and is legally entitled to work in Canada with a valid SIN number
Thunder Bay International Baseball Association is looking for a Marketing/Sponsorship Intern to support the WBSC U-18 Baseball World Cup being held in Thunder Bay this fall. This is job is part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Duties may include:
i. supporting the necessary marketing, sponsorship, sales and promotion functions being undertaken in conjunction with the WBSC U-18 Baseball World Cup to ensure a successful event
ii. support operations associated with public relations, promotional campaigns, ticket sales promotion, merchandise sales, community and media relations and in-game promotions.
iii. being one of the potential contact persons for any inquiries, requests, complaints and acting as an information source for the event.
iv. raising donations including event participant donations, corporate donations, sponsorship or coordinating fundraising events
v. compiling progress reports, follow up reports, and archiving contacts dealing with sponsorship opportunities
vi. helping to ensure that sponsors receive all the deliverables promised in sponsorship agreements
vii. assisting with the development and implementation of promotional campaigns to increase awareness, promote the event, and maximize ticket revenue and merchandise sales
viii. support the development, coordination, and administration of social media tools to promote the tournament
ix. assisting with direct sales initiatives that may include development of sales packages and participating in direct sales calls.