FORT FRANCES, ONT., — A 41-year-old Fort Frances man is facing several charges related to a string of cabin break and enters from May to November 2020.
In a news release issued on Feb. 1, Ontario Provincial Police say they began investigating a series of break and enters in the Big Sawbill Lake Road area as well as the Red Gut Bay area on Rainy Lake.
Police say the break and enters are connected and charged Craig Mosley, 41, of Fort Frances with several charges including:
- One count of careless storage of a firearm;
- Two counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm;
- Three counts of possession of prohibited device or ammunition;
- Six counts of possess firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order;
- Two counts of possession of property obtained by crime over $5000.00;
- Four counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5000.00;
- One count of assault;
- One count of possession of a controlled substance - heroin;
- Three counts of failure to comply with release order; and
- One count of point firearm
More recent investigation by police since December 2020 resulted in the following charges being laid against Mosley:
- Two counts of Fail to comply with release order;
- Three counts of Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000.00;
- One count of Possession of Heroin;
- Two counts of possession of prohibited device or ammunition;
- One count of possession of break-in tools; and
- One count of assault police officer.
He is currently being held for bail.