THUNDER BAY — The Ontario Fire Marshal's Office has determined that the cause of a fire which claimed two lives in Thunder Bay last week was accidental.
A man and a woman, whose names were not released by authorities, died as the result of a fire that destroyed a mobile home on Taylor Drive, off Rosslyn Road, on Oct. 28.
Investigator Mike Rushton says the blaze started by accident in the living room, but he's not able to release more information until he completes his probe.
"We have a few outstanding things, some being related to the investigation by the coroner, and until we have all the information I can't say anything official," Rushton said.
No working smoke alarm was found in the trailer.