Skip to content

Fire breaks out at a southside apartment

Dozens of residents have been temporarily displaced while investigators look into the fire.

THUNDER BAY — Several dozen people have been temporarily displaced after a fire tore through a first-floor unit of an apartment complex on Lincoln Street on the city's south side. 

It's believed at least one person was sent to hospital as a precaution after the fire broke out on Tuesday morning. 

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue crews appear to have put the fire out, though the unit was heavily damaged before they arrived on scene. 

A resident of the building said a pet cat did not survive the fire. 

Thunder Bay Police are assisting the fire department with their investigation. 

Leith Dunick

About the Author: Leith Dunick

A proud Nova Scotian who has called Thunder Bay home since 2002, Leith is Dougall Media's director of news, but still likes to tell your stories too. Wants his Expos back and to see Neil Young at least one more time. Twitter: @LeithDunick
Read more


push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks