Skip to content

Garage fire claims cat's life

Anishinabek Police Service officer says fire believed to be accidental and caused by a wood stove.
0
Mission Road Fire
An Anishinabek Police Service officer investigates a fire at a garage adjacent to a Mission Road home on Fort William First Nation on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. (Leith Dunick, tbnewswatch.com)

FORT WILLIAM FIRST NATION – A garage fire that broke out at a Mission Road home has been deemed accidental.

The fire, which broke out late on Wednesday morning, did claim the life of a cat that was inside the garage at the time and was unable to escape.

An Anishinabek Police Service officer said fire officials believe a wood stove was to blame for the blaze, adding that no people were hurt.

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue crews also responded and cleared the scene shortly after 1 p.m.

The incident remains under investigation.



Leith Dunick

About the Author: Leith Dunick

A proud Nova Scotian who has called Thunder Bay home since 2002, Leith has been the editor of Thunder Bay Source for 17 years and has served a similar role with TBNewsWatch.com since 2009. Twitter: @LeithDunick
Read more



Comments