THUNDER BAY POLICE SERVICE
Police on Wednesday arrested an Ajax, Ont., man and seized a handgun amid an investigation into drug trafficking activity.
Members of the Thunder Bay Police Service’s Intelligence Unit located a suspect connected to an ongoing drug trafficking investigation in the zero-to-100 block of Cumberland Street North just before 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 2.
Police found the accused to be in possession of more than $2,500 CAD, which was suspected to be funds from drug trafficking. Later, a search of the accused man’s vehicle led police to locate a seize a loaded handgun.
Rashawn Vincent Anthony SAMUELS, 26, of Ajax, Ont., is charged with:
• Careless Storage of a Firearm
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000
• Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
• Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime
• Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
• Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order
• Prohibited or Restricted Firearm With Ammunition
• Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon in a Motor Vehicle
• Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
He appeared in bail court on Thursday, Sept. 3 and was remanded into custody with a future appearance date.