Skip to content

Home damaged by laundry room fire (4 photos)

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue responded to a structural fire at a Grey Street home, which was quickly brought under control.
0

THUNDER BAY - A south side home received extensive smoke damage after a late morning fire broke out on the main floor.  

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue crews were called to a home on the 200 block of Grey Street just after 11 a.m. on Sunday. Arriving crews discovered a substantial amount of smoke inside the home and a second alarm was called.

According to Thunder Bay Fire Rescue platoon chief, Craig Venables, the fire was discovered in the laundry room and was quickly extinguished.

“The building is untenable due to smoke damage and we are awaiting an inspector to come and check for a cause,” he said.

Venables added that the fire damage was contained to the room of origin and there was very little water damage.

A woman and her dog evacuated the home, but she was transported to Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre by ambulance due to a pre-existing medical condition.  



Doug Diaczuk

About the Author: Doug Diaczuk

Doug Diaczuk is a reporter and award-winning author from Thunder Bay. He has a master’s degree in English from Lakehead University
Read more


Comments