THUNDER BAY –No one was hurt, but damage to a Nelson Street home’s roof was extensive after a chimney fire broke out on Sunday night.
Thunder Bay Fire Rescue, in a release, said they arrived about 9 p.m. to find heavy smoke and flame pouring from the home and the occupants being evacuated.
An aggressive interior attack was begun on the fire, which was located in the attic space of the home. The fire was quickly knocked down and further spread was prevented.
The occupants of the home were located on site and evaluated by emergency medical service responders as a precaution.
In addition to the roof damage, the interior of the home suffered significant smoke and water damage.
The cause of the fire was later determined to be a chimney fire that extended into the attic and roof portion of the home.
Six pumpers, an aerial ladder and one command vehicle responded to the two-alarm fire.