People are always looking to tone up.
We all want a well-rounded butt that’s tight and abs that are flat. Aside from that, you need to be strong in these areas to support your trunk and keep pain and dysfunction away.
You can do this workout anywhere and with very little or no equipment. You can easily do this 2-3 days a week with a rest day in between and see results in 4 weeks. I would recommend changing it up after 6-8 weeks max and give the body something else to be challenged with.
This will prevent plateauing and increase your strength and results.
You can download any timer app and set up a Tabata workout. A Tabata is 8 rounds of 20 seconds of work with only 10 seconds of rest. It is very effective for burning fat and boosting metabolism. I like to do multiple Tabata’s when doing core and glutes. It gives me a really challenging workout with great results.
When I had the gym, this was a crowd favorite! Try it out for a few weeks and give me your feedback in the comments below if you like.
ABS & ASS WOKOUT
Warm Up: 10 minutes
High knee jogs, butts kicks, sliding jacks (skip sideways in jump jack fashion), Karaoke Cross Overs, Squat- pop ups (squat down, pop up moving forward), walking lunges with a twist over fwd leg, walking lateral lunges, inch worm walks (on all fours walk hands out then feet in, repeat.
Timing: Tabata 20:10’s (20 secs work, 10 sec rest for 4 rounds “each” set)
- Dbl Leg Glute Bridge Pulses – weighted
- Prone Horizontal Leg Flutters – keep chest on floor
- Toe Touch pulsing (lie on back, feet in air)
- Mason Twist (v-sit position on sit bones, touch clasped fists to floor on each side of hips)
- Wt’d Single Leg Glute Bridge Iso-hold – Right leg
- Wt’d Single Leg Glute Bridge Iso-hold – Left leg
- Reverse Crunches
- Penguins (knees up feet flat on floor, twist side to side as if trying to touch baby toes.
- Quadraped Straight Leg Hip Adbuctions – L Side
- Quadraped Straight Leg Hip Adbuctions – R Side
(with straight leg 90 degrees to the hip, lift straight up from the side)
- Mountain Climbers
- Front Planking
- Wt’d Mule Kicks – L
- Wt’d Mule Kicks – R
- Side Lying Oblique V-ups – L
- Side Lying Oblique V-ups – R
(Lye on right side, bottom arm in front of hips, top arm bent touching ear. Lift feet and shoulders up at same time to create a “V”. Change sides each round on timer.)