Skip to content

Firefighters quickly control Tamarack Place fire

Fire damage was limited to exterior of the home.
0
Thunder bay Fire Rescue Stock 4
(tbnewswatch file photograph)

THUNDER BAY -- Careless disposal of smoking material is believed to be the possible cause of a fire that damaged the wall and siding of a Tamarack Place home.

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue crews responded Tuesday morning to the fire, which had started in garbage piled beside the home.

A fire department news release issued in the afternoon said all occupants were safely evacuated and a quick response kept flames from penetrating the wall of the home, limiting damage to the exterior.

The initial response included three pumper trucks, with another two pumpers and an aerial ladder sent to the scene due to the large amount of smoke.

Fire officials said smoking should be done outside and that all smoking materials should be kept in a non-combustible container.

 

 





Comments