Skip to content
-1.7 °Cforecast >
Cloudy

Natural gas equipment vandalized at County Fair Mall

Thunder Bay firefighters were sent to the Dawson Road Walmart store
0
Fire Rescue Logo 2

THUNDER BAY -- For the second time on Tuesday, Thunder Bay firefighters and Union Gas crews were sent to investigate a possible natural gas leak in a city mall.

A Union Gas spokesperson says firefighters who arrived at the County Fair Mall Walmart on Dawson Road first found that a fire alarm had been pulled, and upon investigating detected the odour of natural gas.

The spokesperson said Union Gas crews later determined that a gas "meter set" and piping had been damaged by an act of vandalism.

The investigation into the incident continued Tuesday afternoon.

Emergency crews were also dispatched Tuesday morning to deal with a natural gas incident at McIntyre Centre Mall on Memorial Avenue.