Skip to content
12.0 °Cforecast >
Mostly Cloudy

Overheating laptop likely culprit in Ryerson Crescent house fire

Investigators say last week’s Ryerson Crescent House fire was likely caused by an overheated laptop. Firefighters with Thunder Bay Fire Rescue responded to the blaze in the 400 block of Ryerson Crescent last Wednesday.
0

Investigators say last week’s Ryerson Crescent House fire was likely caused by an overheated laptop.

Firefighters with Thunder Bay Fire Rescue responded to the blaze in the 400 block of Ryerson Crescent last Wednesday.

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue Capt. Eric Nordlund said it was originally thought to be a chimney fire. But further investigation revealed that the likely culprit was an overheating laptop on a couch.

The fire caused substantial damage to the roof and interior of the home.

As a result of the investigation, fire investigators are now reminding the public to unplug any electronics when leaving home.

(CKPR Radio)



More Local News