THUNDER BAY POLICE SERVICE
Police recovered a stolen vehicle, seized a firearm and arrested a male suspect Saturday morning.
Thunder Bay Police Service officers with the Uniform Patrol Branch were in the area of McLaughlin Street just after 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 1 when they observed a vehicle that had been reported as stolen.
The black pickup truck was parked on McLaughlin Street when officers spotted it. Police learned the accused male, who was inside the vehicle, was believed to be in possession of a firearm.
When officers approached the vehicle, the male initially reached into the back seat of the truck for unknown reasons. Despite this, officers were able to complete their arrest without further incident.
A search of the vehicle led to the seizure of a handgun. Police also learned the accused was in possession of a quantity of suspected cocaine.
The accused was transported to the TBPS headquarters at 1200 Balmoral Street.
Cody Joseph O’DWYER, 29, of Thunder Bay, is charged with:
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
• Carrying Concealed Weapon
• Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
• Possession of Firearm Knowledge its Possession is Unauthorized
• Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon in a Motor Vehicle
• Possession of Imitation Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
• Unauthorized Possession of Firearm without a Licence
• Possession of Cocaine
He appeared in bail court on Saturday, May 2 and was remanded into custody with a future appearance date.