THUNDER BAY -- The three locations where Thunder Bay drivers are most likely to experience a collision are all located along the Harbour Expressway.
Data obtained from the Thunder Bay Police Service traffic unit shows that the intersections with the highest collision rates in the city in 2017 were the Harbour Expressway at Balmoral Street, at Golf Links Road and at Memorial Avenue.
A fourth intersection along the busy route, Harbour Expressway at Fort William Road, was also in the top 10.
Of the 13 worst locations documented by police last year, intersections along Memorial Avenue, Arthur Street and Balmoral Street were among the others with multiple appearances on the list.
Thunder Bay Intersections With Highest Collision Rates in 2017
- Balmoral St at Harbour Expressway -17
- Golf links Rd at Harbour Expressway -17
- Memorial Ave at Harbour Expressway -15
- Arthur St at James St S -13
- Central Ave at Memorial Ave -12
- Central Ave at Golf links Rd -12
- Fort William Rd at Harbour Expressway -11
- Balmoral St at Central Ave -11
- Junot Ave N at Red River Rd -10
- Arthur St E at Edward St S, Balmoral St at William St, Golf Links Rd at Oliver Rd, Arthur St E at Vickers St S - all tied at 9