Skip to content
16.3 °Cforecast >
Partly Cloudy

Two found dead

NIPIGON, Ont. -- Two people are dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in a Nipigon home. OPP Staff Sgt. Randy Bye said officers responded to a call to assist paramedics around 3 p.m. Monday. Two adults, a man and woman, were found dead.
0
335714_635338500082728005.JPG
(Thunder Bay Television)

NIPIGON, Ont. -- Two people are dead from carbon monoxide poisoning in a Nipigon home.

OPP Staff Sgt. Randy Bye said officers responded to a call to assist paramedics around 3 p.m. Monday. Two adults, a man and woman, were found dead.

Officials say Yvan Gaujean, 60, and Claire Limag-Gaujean, 45, both of Nipigon, have been identified as the victims.An eight-year-old survivor was also found in the home. The young boy was transported to the hospital.

Bye said the coroner's office, the fire marshal's office and the OPP's crime unit are actively investigating.

The source of the carbon monoxide isn't known yet and Bye said the coroner is still holding the scene.

"Once the scene is released by both the coroner and the fire marshal, then we're going to go in there and examine where the source is from," he said in a telephone interview with CKPR Radio Tuesday afternoon.



More Local News